Job Title: Senior Data Scientist
The Senior Data Scientist under general supervision, leads the development and application of methods to identify, collect, process, organize, and analyze structured and unstructured data using advanced statistical prediction, inference, and optimization; effectively communicates results to County, departmental, and divisional decision makers and provides ongoing support to strengthen data-driven program design and management.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a field of applied research such as Data Science, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Analytics, Psychology, or Public Health that included 12 semester or 18 quarter units of coursework in data science, predictive analytics, quantitative research methods, or statistical analysis
Six (6) years of experience, including two (2) years in a lead capacity, applying and overseeing the application of machine learning, predictive analytics, data management, and hypothesis-driven data analysis to make actionable recommendations to support program, policy, and operational decision-making.
A Master’s or Doctoral degree from an accredited college or university in a field of applied research such Data Science, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Analytics, Psychology, or Public Health may substitute for up to two (2) years of experience.
- Advanced proficiency in common programming languages (e.g., R, Python, SQL)
- Proficiency in additional languages desired but not mandatory (e.g, Java, JSON, SAS)
- Experience with Random Forest Models, spatiotemporal analytics, and Linear Regression Models
- Experience with LLM and multiagent systems are desired but not mandatory
- Monday - Friday 8am-4:30pm
- 8 hours per day/ 40 hours per week